Background

Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Girl Scout Troop Canvas

So today we are at the Girl Scout Cookie Kick Off Rally, attempting to break a World Record for the most people dunking a cookie in one place, with Girl Scout Cookies! So I thought it was entirely appropriate to share one of my Girl Scout craft projects!


Last Spring when I took my Girl Scout troop camping at one of our local camps, in a cabin we noticed that other troops had created artwork and left it behind. Since my troop was painting their own canvases, I decided that we should make a piece of art too. I used my Cricut and cut the words from Cricut Vinyl and stuck them directly to the white canvas. Next we coated the whole thing in a thin layer of Mod Podge to seal the letters so the paint wouldn't bleed under. Then we used varying shades of green paint to create our design. My troop loves all the sparkly things too, so we added a layer of glitter paint too. Then we peeled off the vinyl once it was mostly dry to reveal the words underneath.

After I took this photo all of the girls and I signed it and we are looking forward to returning in the future to see if our art is still there! Cross your fingers that we break that record today too!

No comments: