Background

Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Quick and Beautiful Coasters with Mod Podge

So today I decided to post one of my daughter's crafty projects on my blog. She loves crafting as much as I do and she's always happy when I let her use all of my fun crafty stuff. So we were chatting and she asks me the best way to add some paper to these wood blanks that she bought and of course I said Mod Podge!


 So she got out the Mod Podge, the Mod Podge brushes, wood tiles, scrapbook paper and a gold paint pen.


First she applied the Mod Podge in a nice even layer over the wood tile and then applied her paper over the top side. She cut the paper to be slightly larger than the tile to make sure that it covered the whole thing. 


Once they were dry, she trimmed the excess paper away with scissors and then used a good old fashioned nail file to sand away any excess paper around the edges and corners. 


Because she wanted to use these as functional coasters, we decided she should use some Outdoor Mod Podge over the top of them to seal and protect them. The final step was to use the gold paint marker around the edges of the tiles to give them a great finished look! 


So here's the set of 4 coasters she created! They are beautiful and functional! It's amazing what kids will come up with when they are given the right tools to work with!

No comments: