Background

Pages

Friday, December 22, 2017

Fun Christmas Cards

I was so excited when my craft store job told us we were teaching a PAPER class again! We get them every so often and this one was a fun one. I of course had to add my own twist to the cards as well.


To letter this card, they provided a template to trace but you could easily hand letter this if you've got the time and patience and nice writing! But the template did make it easy. My suggestion if you want to create your own cards would be to type out the letters in a word processing program. Then you could transfer the words to the card in a favorite font.

For Fueled by Gratitude and Pie after using graphite paper to transfer the words and then tracing and coloring them in with Sharpie marker I decided to make a mat to surround it. The overall card is 7 x 5 so my mat is 6.5 x 4.5 and the front piece with the lettering is 6 x 4. Then I cut the pis and crust pieces out of orange a tan cardstock and inked the edges of each and layered them. I added foam adhesive to the back to raise it up and then hot glued a pom pom for whipped cream.


Warm Wishes is basically the same, the sheep was cut from cardstock and then I glued pom poms to the body. His head was cut separate and glued on to the pom poms and the Santa hat is a dimensional sticker that I added a little extra foam adhesive to stand it up a bit higher.

I think both cards are simple and beautiful and were a lot of fun to make!

No comments: