Background

Pages

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Merry Christmas Plaque

I love easy projects and for the most part, this one was pretty easy... although, I'll tell you a little story about how I tried to make this harder.... I bought this already distressed plain white plaque at Michaels, in fact a bought a couple. I decided that I would stencil on the words "Merry Christmas" by making a mask with Contact Paper... no big deal.


So, I apply the contact paper, do a thin coat of Mod Podge, let that dry and do two thin layers of red paint... and then I removed my stencil before the paint dried.... and well, 90% of my painted on words came up with the stencil! So, the lesson here is, make sure your surface isn't TOO smooth when you start... so after a few choice words, I decided to go the MUCH easier way and just cut the words from dark red permanent vinyl. Then I hot glued on this pretty pick I also found at Michaels, and I ended up with a very pretty project... and a good lesson too!

No comments: