Background

Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Valentine's Day Card



Here's a Valentine's Day card I created for a contest through the Cutter's Creek Yahoo Group. It's a fun group to be a part of and you find out about secret sales and such for http://www.cutterscreek.com/! Kim stocks a great variety of products and she's always looking for new fun products to stock. Right now I am hooked on Stickles, I just wish they dried a little faster! Any how, I created this card with some pink glittery heart cardstock and some pink gingham patterned paper I had in my scrap bin. Then I used a piece of White Daisy Close to my Heart textured cardstock and stamped my heart image, also a CTMH stamp from the All My Love stamp set, with Baby Pink CTMH ink. Then I cut out both images. One image I cut to the inside border and the other to the outside border. Then I inked the edges with the CTMH Hollyhock colored marker. Then on the top layer I added pink Stickles to the dots. I adhered the 2 pieces together with Pop Dots after the Stickles dried. I used the "Be Mine" phrase from the same stamp set to stamp a plain piece of white ribbon. All in all, I'm really happy with this card, it's simple but pretty!

No comments: