Background

Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Fairy Sweet Valentine Gift Bag


Today I was trying to think of a quick, easy project that any level paper crafter could do! You can make this as simple or as fancy as you want by just adding more embellishments! To start I cut this bag from Plantin SchoolBook using my Cricut Expression Machine. To determine the size I loaded a 12” x 12” piece of paper and selected the “Fit to Page” function key.
The machine determined that it would cut the bag at 7 ½”. Then I used my Scor-Pal to score the folds on the bag and adhered it with my Scor-Tape . For those of you that haven’t tried Scor-Tape yet I highly recommend it for projects that need a little extra sticking power when you don’t want or can’t wait for liquid glue to dry! Then I stamped my Lily Valentine Fairy onto Prism Simply Smooth cardstock with my Staz-On black ink. Since I am just beginning my Copic collection I used: E00 and E11 for the flesh and R20 to make rosy cheeks. Then I used some pink and yellow markers to color the rest of her. Next I used my Sakura Jelly Roll Stardust Glitter Pens to add glitter to the large heart, hearts on her dress, headband and cupcake and her wings. Next I used my White Liquid Applique on the hem of the dress and the cupcake frosting. I didn’t wait for it to dry, just used my heat gun to puff it up! Then I trimmed around my image and adhered it to the bag some Pop-Up Dots. Last I added a little lace around the bottom with more Scor-Tape and it’s ready to give!

No comments: