Background

Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

A few of my Favorite Things...

Hey everyone! This month over on the Cutters Creek Design Team Blog we are sharing a few of our favorite things! Hope you will pop over and check out what the other designers have listed! Now on to my favorite things.... I decided to use American Crafts Glitter Cardstock, Stickles, Glimmer Mist, The Greeting Farm Stamps and my Cricut to create this card.


It is a bit hard to capture all of the Bling Factor in this card in a photo but it really sparkles! I started with a piece of black cardstock. I guess-timated where to cut the star on a larger piece so I could cut it down exactly. I used my Cricut and the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge to cut the star out at 3 1/2". Then I cut it to fit the 5 x 6 1/2" card base that I had.


Next, I spot spritzed with my Gold Glimmer Mist. I wanted a kind of blobby look so I depressed the sprayer slowly and only about 1/2 way with each spray. The gold on the black really pops! The picture above has my plain black paper and the spritzed one for comparison.


Before I put away my Glimmer Mist I stamped the phrase "you Twinkle more than stars" from The Greeting Farm Because of You Stamp Set on a scrap piece of white cardstock with my Staz-On Black Ink and spritzed that with some Glimmer Mist too. I matted it on a piece of the spritzed black before I added it to my card.


Next I grabbed my bottle of Golden Rod Stickles. This one seems to match the Glitter Paper perfectly. I added a few stars and a few little dots here and there for even more dimension. I also decided to cut a few tiny stars out of the Glitter Paper as well. Then I used a scrap of the American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock along the bottom to put under my sentiment.


Finally, I adhered my 4 x 4" square of American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock to the base of my card, under where my cut out is. Then I used some Pop Up Dots to attach the front of my card. I love the look of this card and I can't wait to use it! All of these products are available right now in the Cutters Creek online store!

1 comment:

Addicted Scrapper said...

Great job Mandie!!!!

Looks like I am going to have to head there on the all day crop after work to make the decorations for the baby's birthday. If you and Lori can make it you are both more than welcome to come too it will be in Chicago. I haven't even started the decorations :-)