Background

Pages

Monday, October 9, 2017

Yarn Pumpkins

Just a quick post today to share these ADORABLE yarn pumpkins! I love how each one is just a bit different from the other, but they all look cute together!

The pumpkin on the right was made from a heavier weight yarn and I made a pom pom for the base, just wrapping the yarn around two of my fingers spread slightly apart (so you can slide the yarn off at the end) about 25 times. Then I carefully slid the yarn off of my fingers and tied a piece of yarn, about 6" long, around the whole bundle in the center. Then I cut all of the loops and then snipped and shaped until I was happy with my pom pom. Then I twirled each end of a folded in half pipe cleaner around a pencil to make the tendrils. Finally I hot glued the tendril and a cork to the pom pom and I've got a cute little pumpkin!

For the other 2 pumpkins I simply created a yarn ball out of 2 different orange yarns. The one in the middle is the same yarn as the pom pom and the one on the left was a finer yarn. I just wrapped the yarn in a ball shape until I had a good size. Then I used a length of yarn to sew up from the bottom, loop around the pipe cleaner tendril and then back down though the ball. I pulled tight to get a more pumpkin shape to it. Finally I hot glued on the cork and I was done! I also added a dab of glue to the knot and the tail of the ball, which I tucked in next to the knot.

You could easily create a whole pumpkin patch of these adorable little pumpkins!

No comments: