Background

Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Operation Christmas Child Girl Scout Packing Party!

Today I wanted to share another one (or two) of my passions with you, Operation Christmas Child and Girl Scouts! Both of my daughters are Girl Scouts and I am a leader for both of their troops. I was a Girl Scout as a child, and went all the way through to bridge to Adults, earning my Silver and Gold Awards along the way. So early in October we had the opportunity to hear a speaker who had received a Shoebox from Operation Christmas Child as a kid in an orphanage in South America, and she was adopted by an American family and now travels around speaking about her experiences.

Happily, I do a lot of work with my good friend, Betsy AKA The Crazy Shoebox Lady so she was able to bring this opportunity to my Girl Scouts! In conjunction with hearing the wonderful speaker, we also packed 100 Shoeboxes to send to kids in need all over the world.


Because of the age of most of the girls who attended, we specifically packed boxes for 5-9 year old girls.  Above is a photo of my two girls, carefully selecting all of the items that will go into their box!


 We got to take a few photos after we finished packing so here is a photo of my girls with the speaker. It was really cool to pack boxes with her! 


And here's what 100 Shoeboxes looks like packed into the Crazy Shoebox Lady's car! Many of the items we packed were collected by the Girl Scouts who attend our local Day Camp in the summer.

Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into some of my other passions!

No comments: