Background

Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

Girl Scout Camp Swaps - Band Aid Nurse Swap

Today I want to share one of my favorite things - Girl Scout SWAPS! What is a swap exactly? It stands for Special Whatchamacallit Affectionately Pinned Somewhere. So basically, it's some thing small that you can pin to your uniform or SWAPS banner (we have something each year at camp for the girls to save their swaps on).


Today I'm going to share the Nurse Band Aid Swap. This one was super easy. I simply cut beige felt into strips about 3/4" wide by about 2 1/2" long. For camp I usually make about 125 swaps for the girls and adults so you want something very simple. Next, I rounded all the corners to look more band aid like. Next I cut white felt into 3/4" squares. Finally I cut heart shaped felt for the center. I actually used multiple colors here to coordinate with their unit. So the hearts were a rainbow of colors. I glued everything together with Aileen's Tacky Glue. Seriously the BEST for this type of project. It's thicker glue so the felt doesn't absorb it as much. To finish it off, I added a safety pin to attach it!

No comments: