Background

Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Sock Monkey Coin Purse with Kunin Felt at Creativation

Hey Everyone! I wanted to take the next few posts to share some of the fun projects I made while attending this year's Creativation Show. Creativation is a trade show for the craft and hoddy industry and is a LOT of fun to attend.

Today's project is one of my absolute FAVORITES from the show! Shh, don't tell the others I said that! This adorable little sock monkey coin purse was made with the amazing new Corduroy Felt! I'm sharing the link so you can check it out too, just click HERE


Ok, now that you've looked at this awesome felt, back to my project... I cut the brown out for the base by folding my sheet in half and then cutting out the pattern (so you get 2 pieces, one each for the front and back). Then I cut the hat and muzzle from the tan corduroy. The mouth was cut from plain red felt and we cut 3 strips about 1/2" x 12" and then cut those in half for the pom pom. Just tie a piece of thread around the middle of your bundle of felt strips and pull tight. We used hot glue to adhere the layers. Basically, Lay the back piece down with the inside facing you, trace around the outside of the money starting about 1/2" above one ear and going down around the face to the other side right at the edge (leave the top with no glue). Then lay the top piece over it with the corduroy side facing you. Then glue on the hat and muzzle, then the mouth. A dot of glue on top of the hat for the pom pom and finally add some button eyes. To make the closure, you use a hook and look tape dot that already has the adhesive on it.

What a quick and simple project that is simply adorable! Hope to see you again soon for another great project!

No comments: