Background

Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #11: Card or Tag Sketch Challenge!

Because we are all so busy this holiday season, they decided to be kind to us over on the Cricut Circle Blog and give us a pretty simple sketch challenge. The only requirement was to use two different cuts and the following sketch:


And here is the cute little card I created! I used my very favorite papers again... Echo Park Paper's Merry Christmas Line. But, if you look close you may notice that I actually used the packaging from my papers! That's right, this paper is to beautiful to waste even a tiny scrap.


I also used my Jolly Holidays Cricut Lite cartridge. This has some of the cutest images on it! I cut my snowman at 4" and the presents are cut at 2". I used some Liquid Applique on his hat. I accidentally scorched it though so I used some Snow Writer to cover it up. It also added the beautiful sparkle!


The phrase "Be Jolly" is from the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge. I'm not a huge bird fanatic or anything but this cartridge has some of the best phrases on it! And they are good page titles too, instead of just card sentiments.


To adhere my snowman I used 2 layers of Pop Up Dots and 1 layer on the presents to give this card some nice dimension. I'm so happy with how this turned out!

3 comments:

JaniceA said...

Very cute card, love the snowman!

Unknown said...

Very cute, I love snowmen. I like the colors you used. I am a follower now. :) Thanks for following my blog as well. :)

Joanne said...

Hi Mandie! Mahalo for visiting my blog and becoming a follower! And also thanx for supporting The Lime Light blog hop! I am now a follower of your blog too! Your work is great! i love this card, it made me smile, so bright and cheerful! I look forward to visiting you again soon! Happy Holidays! Aloha, Joanne