Background

Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Adding Ribbon to Cards

Hey Everyone! I'm so excited to share one of my favorite tricks with ribbon. We all know that ribbon can add beautiful texture to all of our fabric projects but do you think of ribbon when I say "cards"? And if you do, have you ever tried adding ribbon in place of paper on a card? I used one of my favorite sketches to create this fun card!


First I grabbed some fabulous Echo Park Papers from the For the Record 6 x 6 Pad and some Kraft Cardstock. I cut my Kraft to 5-1/2" x 8" and then folded it in half for the base of my card. Then I started digging through my ribbon stash to find something that would co-ordinate nicely. I was instantly drawn to my May Arts 3/4" Brown Velvet Corduroy Ribbon (357-347-33). It is very soft and had the texture that I was looking for.



So I cut 3 4" long pieces and trimmed my papers to fit my card front. Then I rummaged around my stamp collection and found this pretty butterfly stamp set, I used one of the large butterflies on a 2-1/4" square. Then I cut a 2-1/2" square from the red cardstock and inked all of my pieces. I assembled my card with my Pink ATG for the paper pieces and 1/2" Scor Tape to attach the ribbon. I used some foam adhesive to pop up my butterfly and mat. Then I stamped the sentiment and a couple more butterflies on the inside of my card.


A few pretty buttons gave it the finishing touch I love. I hope you will consider trying this technique of adding ribbon in place of paper some time!

2 comments:

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw, this card is very nice, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

I will DEFINITELY try this....I HAVE to get me some of that corduroy ribbon...love its texture and dimension! Thanks for the tutorial!