Background

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Ribbon-A-Holic!

Hello, everyone! I've got a bit of a long post for you today. As many of you know, I have been fortunate to be a Cameo Ribbonista Designer for the May Arts Design Team for the past year. Well, I'm auditioning to join the team once again so I have a post today about my ribbon addiction!

First I'd like to show you a little book I created for myself to keep track of my ribbons. Here's a look at the book when it's closed...


I used some beautiful October Afternoon papers to decorate my cover and then added some of the new May Art's Red Baker's Twine wrapped around the cover. Next I added some of the Zebra Grosgrain ribbon to the ring that holds the book together. I didn't want it all to be white so I used a little Glimmer Mist to spray a few pieces red and green to co-ordinate with my cover.


Now I have a beautiful, neat and organized system to keep track of all of my different ribbons so I know which ones to re-order!

The next project that I'd like to share with you is my beautiful mermaid card!


I used a rubber stamp from The Greeting Farm for the mermaid image on my card. I pulled some Heidi Grace paper from my massive paper stash and got to work! I colored the mermaid's hair and body with my Copic Markers. Then I used my patterned papers and stamped the parts of the mermaid I wanted to cut out and paper piece into my stamped image. Then I glued them to the corresponding place on my colored image. Then I cut her out and used some fairly thin foam adhesive to adhere her to my card.


You may have noticed the waves along the bottom of the card... I started with some plain White 1/2" May Arts Ric Rac and used my Copics and some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Glaze and Glam to color my ribbon and then adhered it to the lower part of my card to look like waves.

Finally I'd like to tell you about how much I like to add ribbon to layouts.


I like to find ways to add texture to my layouts and I feel that ribbon adds a wonderful texture to almost any project! For this layout, I used White Satin Pleat Ribbon and then adhered Pink Baker's Twine to the center of it.


Then to add a little more texture to my sticker, I used a 1/2" Glue Dot and created a spiral on it. I then stuck this to the center of my flower and now I have a completely custom look!


For my Zoo Layout, I wanted more of an earthy texture so I grabbed some Burlap Cording to add to the bottom of my layout. I cut small, triangular slits on each side of my layout to disguise the ribbon's bulk.


I needed a custom flower to add to my layout so I pulled out my Copic Markers and some White Frayed Flowers Ribbon and altered one of the rosettes to co-ordinate with my layout. It takes only a minute to color and you have yet another custom embellishment to add to your layout!


My last layout shows the simplest way to add ribbon to a layout. In the sketch I was using they showed patterned paper strips running vertically down the layout. I decided to grab my 1/2" Ric Rac again and add that to my layout instead!

Well, there's my Ribbon-A-Holic post for today! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sandy Ang said...

love your cute little ribbon book