Background

Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Super Dad Father's Day Card

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I just *had* to make two cards with my new Amazing Duo stamps and here's the other one!

I wanted to make a special card for my Super husband to let him know how much I appreciate him for Father's Day. Everyone else seems to be making the Shirt and Tie cards or a Fishing themed one so I went the other direction, Super Dad! Really, he's a great Daddy for my girls and a very supportive husband to me with all of my crazy craft endeavors, so I think Super Dad is the right way to describe him. Enough gushing now, LOL!


I knew I wanted to use this amazing plaid from the Echo Park Paper Mini Line called The Great Outdoors. I bought just one kit and then ended up buying several more of just the papers because I LOVE the papers so much! The reverse of the plaid is wood grain so I just used that for a little contrast and then added a custom colored piece 1/2 " May Arts White Ric Rac. I have been buying mostly white trims lately since I have discovered my new love of coloring things to match my project exactly. I'm saving my pennies for the Copic Airbrush and Compressor so I will be able to custom color things even faster! I inked everything with Cornflower Blue Close to My Heart Ink and stamped an argyle pattern on my blue cardstock. It's subtle but that's what I was going for. I used my Copics to color my "Boy" from the fabulous Amazing Duo set from The Greeting Farm and then used the "you're SUPER" sentiment from the same set. Then I added a little faux stitching to both pieces and mounted them with a bit of foam tape to the base of my card. I think my husband with like this one!

2 comments:

Lori said...

"super" cute!

Mrs. Green said...

I really like the orange ric rac on this card!