Background

Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

You Are AWESOME Card

So I was recently shopping in an amazing scrapbook store in Bloomington, IL called The Scrapbooking Studio and it was my first time into the store. I was delighted to see that they not only carry LOTS of my favorite Echo Park Paper, but they also have The Greeting Farm Stamps too! I picked out several stamps, including a set called "Dynamic Duo"


Of course, I had to make a card right away (ok, two, but that's tomorrow's post) so I made this for my AWESOME friend, Lori! She is a Close to My Heart consultant also, so if you need any great CTMH goodies they have a wide variety available, including the alphabet stamps I used here! I decided that this cute little Super Hero Girl looked a bit like Wonder Woman so I decided that I was going to use that as my inspiration. I added a few lines here and there with a Copic Liner pen for more accuracy and then I colored her with Copics but didn't do a ton of shading and blending, except for the hair (which I'm still learning how to do). Then to make the white stars on her skirt, I used a little Liquid Applique so it would just puff up and be opaque when I heated it. I used Echo Park Paper's Playground line for the Red and Blue and Country Drive for the Yellow and just added a little "stitching" around all of the edges to give it a little something extra. Finally I stamped "you are" in Sunflower Ink on my Yellow and "AWESOME" in Cranberry on the Red and used a little foam tape to adhere my colored image to the card! Now to drop by Lori's house with it before this posts to my blog...

1 comment:

Lori said...

LOL too late! can't wait to see it in person!