Background

Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Butterfly Card

Hello! I've got another card in my butterfly series for you today! For this card I used the retired Butterfly Wings stamp set from Close to My Heart. They have some beautiful sets in the current catalog though, and you can check them out right HERE!


For this card I added my butterflies to the background of my card by stamping all over my patterned paper. To do this and look "natural" make sure you stamp off the edge of the paper. Then I embossed my "Happy Birthday" which is also a retired Close to My Heart set, with clear embossing powder and blinged up the edges a bit. I mounted my sentiment with Foam Adhesive to really make it pop! I also inked all of my edges with Tim Holtz Distress inks!

Make sure you check out my other beautiful butterfly cards. Watch for my post on Sunday, February 16th on the Spellbinders Blog!

Supplies Used:

Close to My Heart Stamps
Recollections Card Bases
Recollections White and Kraft Cardstock
Recollections Adhesive Cork Sheet
Recollections Bling on a Roll
Lawn Fawn Patterned Paper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Broken China, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo
Recollections Foam Adhesive
Scotch ATG tape

No comments: