Background

Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Butterfly Wings Card

Good Morning! Today I've got another Spring-y Butterfly Card for you. I love the detailsof this butterfly. It is from the Butterfly Wings set from Close to My Heart. It's now retired but you can find some other really cool sets in the current Close to My Heart catalog, just click HERE to shop!




For this card, I stamped and my image onto my white background and then again on my green patterned paper. Then I used my detail scissors to cut out the wings from the green paper and adhered them in place on the white background. I love this trick to quickly "color" images! I used ink and a makeup sponge to distress all of my edges. I used a strip of cork across the middle of the card and then decided to add a little bling to make it pop! For a list of supplies, see below:

  • Close to My Heart Butterfly Wishes Stamp Set
  • Recollections Bling on A Roll
  • Recollections White and Kraft Cardstock
  • Recollections Adhesive Cork Sheet
  • Lawn Fawn Patterned Paper
  • Recollections Card Bases
  • Tim Holtz Broken China and Vintage Photo Distress Inks
  • Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
  • Scotch ATG Adhesive

No comments: