Friday, July 30, 2010
The Next Big Thing from Provo Craft?
Monday I received this from Provo Craft....
" we wanted to introduce you to the exciting new product being revealed and celebrated at CHA. Let’s hear a warm round of applause for Cricut Imagine, the world’s first tool that precisely prints and cuts with the touch of a button, requiring no computer or software.
With print and cut together, now and you can add color and dimension to your creative projects, bringing them to life like never before. Cricut Imagine saves you time since you no longer have to use three different tools to get designs, print, and then cut projects. The new machine helps you add more personalization and creativity to projects with a new library of content including shapes, patterns, and color. In addition, Cricut Imagine is easy to use and is built upon award-winning cutting and printing technology from Provo Craft and HP. Cricut Imagine is currently on display at the Craft & Hobby Association Summer Convention and Tradeshow in Chicago.
Cricut Imagine gives new life to all your original Cricut cartridges! Now you can add colors and patterns when pairing the original cartridges with NEW Cricut Imagine Colors and Patterns cartridges.
“Cricut Imagine is not only unique to the crafting industry, but to the world of technology. There is not another device that incorporates printing and cutting the way this machine does,” said Jim Thornton, CEO of Provo Craft. “The pairing of print and cut technology could only be done by the leaders in each category—HP and Provo Craft. We’re eager to see what our customers can now do with a simple sheet of white paper and Cricut Imagine print and cut technology.”
Cricut Imagine features include:
* Cricut Imagine cartridges are enhanced by Cricut Pattern and Cricut Color cartridges to add dimension and layering
* Cricut Imagine is fully compatible with all original Cricut cartridges.
* Compatible with Gypsy by Cricut handheld design studio
* Easy-to-use LCD touch-screen navigation so that all information is right at your fingertips
* New detachable accents to be able to personalize your machine with colors and textures
* Access to a vast new library of content and artwork: Over 150 original Cricut cartridges (with several new cartridges introduced each month), 12 new Cricut Imagine Art cartridges specifically for this new machine, plus 12 new Cricut Imagine Colors & Patterns cartridges
* On-board color and pattern selector - choose your own colors, sizes, and much more
* Works with paper sizes up to 12” x 12” and make cuts from .25” to 11.5”, making large-format print and cutting possible
* Retractable paper tray
* No computer necessary
* Uses same blades and blade housing as current Cricut products
* Uses a separate mat than original Cricut machines
Suggested retail for Cricut Imagine is $599.99."
Tuesday I got to see it in action at CHA presented by none other than Jinger herself! Keep checking my blog for more pics!