Background

Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pancake Day Layout


I love my Helmar tape runner!!! Just used it to assemble this gorgeous layout. Notice the Cosmo Cricut Early Bird papers that I WON a few months ago! They were soooo super generous in their prize pack! I love the papers so much that I was kind of afraid to cut into them, LOL! But lately I've been trying to actually USE my stash... You might think that means use what I have before buying more but I'm not that strong yet... The three patterned papers I used are called Farmer's Market, Ribbon Sandwich and Sunrise. I used my Old West Cricut Cartridge to cut out the title.


You may have noticed this GORGEOUS flower near my title. I bought it from Precocious Paper a GREAT shop on Etsy. The owner, Tessa, makes all kinds of beautiful flowers that can be used in scrapbooks, on cards, to make headbands... what ever you can think to stick a flower on! Take a minute to browse her shop and you will be drooling! This particular flower actually didn't have the brown cardstock in it but it felt like it needed a little extra color to anchor it with all the pattern on my page. So I pulled it apart and added the cardstock and I am so happy with the results! I feel a little strange because there is NO ribbons or buttons added to this one but I didn't want to overpower it!

Making this layout has made me hungry for pancakes! Luckily, the Park Forest Pancake Day is coming up quickly, September 25th, and I will be able to enjoy another great meal with family and hopefully see a few friends too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great layout. and the Helmar quick fix adhesive ROCKS!!!

BethW said...

Great layout. I've never tried the Helmar runner-i think I need to find me one!