Background

Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Elmo Card

So I've already been neglecting my blog this year, LOL! It's because I've been so busy creating projects and planning my trip to CHA-Winter (The Craft and Hobby Association trade show)! I'm super excited to have the opportunity to go... even if it means leaving my girls for almost a week. :(

So on a happy note, there are a pair of new babies in my family, my husband's cousin had a baby boy, Evan, and my cousin had a baby girl, Kyrsten! I will share the baby cards later but I wanted to share the Big Brother card I made for Evan's big brother. I used the Elmo's Party Cricut Cartridge to make this Pop Up Card. I am so thrilled with how easily this card came together. And the matching envelope is sooooo cute! I'm going to need a TON of red paper because I decided that I am going to make Evie's birthday invitations with this same card and envelope....


I used Fit to Page to size my envelope. I don't remember the size now but I think it was about 5 or 5 1/2" for the card and envelope. Remember to get the envelope size first so your card won't be to big for it's envelope!


The Elmo cuts in 2 pieces and you score him and then attach the top to the bottom. I was sort of surprised that this was so simple. And it's so cute! I made sure to use high quality Bazzill cardstock to put this together so that the Elmo would be sturdy. Then I just cut the blue squares to cover the front and back of my card (the card has some marks to show you where to place Elmo in the card and they do go all the way through the card). Then I cut Elmo's face and used my Gypsy to weld "Christopher" for the from of the card. I think I used the Sesame Street font for the name here. Anyway, if you have a kid that loves Elmo, or are thinking of having kids, this cartridge is super cute and easy to use!

No comments: