Background

Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Close to My Heart Father's Day Card

Hello again! I'm glad you've stopped by today. I've got a really quick little card to share that would be great for giving a gift card to your favorite Dad on Father's Day! It never hurts to make cards early...


I used some scraps from the Huntington Paper Packet to create this card. The over all size is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" which is about the same size as your average gift card. I used a retired stamp set for this sentiment but a fun one to substitute would be the Perfect Fit - Dad set. I cut the tie shape free hand from a scrap of paper and inked the edges and across where the tie would be knotted. I also inked my card, background paper, and the scrap of fabric I used. If you look back to last week's card, you will see I used a similar layout for both of my cards. I got the idea from the Originals Card Confidence Program® Book which contains 100 different card sketches and ideas to create beautiful cards!

If you head over to my good friend Lori's Close To My Heart page to shop, when you check out I'd appreciate if you'd click on the link that says Mandie from Mandie's Scrappin' Sent Me! Happy Scrappin' and I'll see you again real soon!

No comments: