Background

Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Queen's Parade CTMH Layout

Hello again! One of my resolutions for the New Year is to blog at least once per week. Today I have a layout that I created using the Workshops On The Go® Laughing Lola Scrapbooking Kit. These kits are really fantastic because they not only come with a paper assortment and cardstock, but they also include a stamp set and embellishments. There are instructions to create layouts in the kit, but I chose to go in another direction with my kit and so I set those directions aside to use with something else.


I love to use sketches to create my layouts. I have made my own sketches, however I LOVE the Close to My Heart Idea Books and the sketch for this Layout came straight from the Imagine book. I made a few minor modifications to the sketch so it's not exact, but that's the good part about sketches, they give you somewhere to start and then you make it your own!


I wanted to add a few flowers to embellish my layout so I decided to stamp them in Black Ink out onto some scraps from the patterned paper and cardstock.You get a nice crisp image if you put that foam sheet that comes with your stamp set under your paper before you stamp. This stamp set is the one that comes with the Workshops On The Go® Laughing Lola Scrapbooking Kit. You will also want to make sure you have Acrylic Blocks to use your clear stamps on. I used the 3" x 3" My Acrylix® Block here.


Next I grabbed my Close To My Heart Micro-Tip Scissors and cut out the flowers I wanted. The smaller flowers are just the inner shape of the larger design.


For my title I used the Cricut® Art Philosophy Cartridge. This cartridge is only available through Close to My Heart and it has a huge variety of shapes and a really awesome font on it. I used my black marker to go around the edges of my letters to bring them out a bit without cutting a whole extra layer. 


Finally here's one last look at the flowers on the layout, as well as my favorite photo from the parade! This colorful dress just made me smile so much. If you head over to my good friend Lori's Close To My Heart page to shop, when you check out I'd appreciate if you'd click on the link that says Mandie from Mandie's Scrappin' Sent Me! Happy Scrappin' and I'll see you again real soon!

No comments: