Background

Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Butterfly Waterfall Card

Hello again! I've got another beautiful card to share with you today! This type of card is called a Waterfall Card and it's really fun to make and looks WAY more complicated than it is! First I took 4 white squares that are 1 7/8" x 1 7/8" and stamped 4 different butterfly images on to them. Then I mounted them on 2" x 2" Pink Squares.


Next I took a strip of 2" x 9" and scored it at 2", 2 3/4", 3 1/2" and 4 1/4" and bent each score back and forth. I glued the 1st mounted image into the 2 x 2 area at the bottom of the strip, and then adding adhesive to only the top of the back of my other squares, I butted them up to each score line. Then I cut the striped paper to 3/4" x 4" and glued the bottom of my long strip to it. Then fold the strip over so the rest of the strip is behind your striped paper. Next you adhere just the very edges of the striped paper to the floral paper that is 5 1/4" x 4". You can use a brad or eyelet to attach this if you like.


Now you adhere the floral paper to your 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card base. I punched two small holes in the bottom of the 9" x 2" strip and added a ribbon so that it makes it easier to pull. Now you can add a sentiment on the inside of the card and you have a very impressive card!

Hope you enjoyed today's card! See you again real soon!

No comments: