Background

Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cutters Creek & Ecstasy Crafts

Today’s project is featuring some of the gorgeous Ecstasy Crafts cut-outs that Kim has started stocking in the Cutters Creek store. Now these exact ones aren’t available *yet* but I’m sure that if you ask Kim really nice to add the “Charlie’s Ark” line to the store she might be persuaded. I personally think these are soooooo cute! The sheet I have is the “Sweet Dreams” one but there are many others including: Closest of Friends, Sharing a Special Moment, and Gardening Friends.

These images are so simple to assemble and look stunning in the end. I made a layout so you could see these aren’t just for card makers (although they make adorable cards too). I took the photos so you could see the top and side views since it is so hard to capture the beautiful dimension in a photo.

Once I assembled all four of the characters that came on the sheet I decided that the little girl holding the teddy bear made me think of Christmas morning! Also the little elephant asleep on the present really sealed it! I used photos from Christmas 2008.

I’ve had the “Christmas” title in my stash for about 3 years now and I decided it looked so cute with the papers I chose. I cut out the word “Morning” with my Cricut Nursery Rhymes
cartridge and used the Christmas Cheer cartridge for the tree (It’s actually 2 layered together).

I also used my 1/8” Scor-Tape to adhere my ric-rac to my layout. The gold chipboard star was sprayed with Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist.

I also used my i-rock to bling out the little file folder tab. It came from a box of goodies from one of the Fancy Pants Christmas lines along with the star. I love how quick and easy the new i-rock tool makes it to add some sparkle to my pages! It heats up in less than 30 seconds and then sets each gem or stud in 3-5 seconds! No messing around with adhesive because it's already on the back of the gems!

Shopping List:
Ecstasy Crafts
Nursery Rhymes
Christmas Cheer
Scor-Tape
Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist

1 comment:

PinkLadyCarol said...

Mandie -- love how you incorporated the Ecstasy Crafts with your scrap booking page. The little girl really does remind me of a little one on Christmas Eve. Maybe Kim will carry these in Cutterscreek.com -- I really want the Victorian ones that you made into Christmas cards.

Carol