Background

Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A few more cards?

Whew! The craft fair is over and while the turn out wasn't spectacular I still sold 5 cards and a pair of earrings that I made! After buying my 4 year old daughter a bear, lunch and some raffle tickets I broke even so I can call my day a success! LOL! I thought I'd share a couple more cards that I created. Hopefully tomorrow I can break out all of my new Echo Park Papers and create a great layout. It would feel really good to put together a layout right now but I have two little girls who are trying hard not to nap... oh well... Hope everyone else's weekend has been good too!


I bought this stamp set at Michael's a while ago but wasn't sure HOW I would use it... then I learned about the paint daubers and decided to use the paint on the stamp and I loved the way it looked on the parchment look paper! I also stamped the word "believe" with the paint. Then inked all of my edges with CTMH ink. The inside says "dreams do come true" and I also stamped a little Cinderella-ish shoe from the same set.


So I joined the Unity Stamp Company Facebook Page and they had a contest that you could win a free stamp set, you just had to create a card with one of their stamps. Since I had already planned a stop at Archiver's I picked up this really cute stamp set for only $3.99 so I could play along. I used some left over Echo Park Paper from the A Walk in the Park line from one of my Scrapbook Chicks kits. I didn't win but still had fun making this cute card.


I made this super cute alien with the B is for Boy Cricut Lite cartridge. This is one of my absolute FAVORITE cartridges! It has so many cute images! Anyhow, I cut my little alien at 4" and instead of cutting the pupils I added some googley eyes to make him super silly. The planet the alien is standing on I free hand cut from some "Beer Foam" paper that I originally bought because I thought it looked like Swiss Cheese and I was doing a Wisconsin layout! The black star background was leftover from a Halloween layout and the shooting star is cut from silver mirror paper. I also used a circle punch for my planet and then cut the ring. On the inside I wrote, "Hope your Birthday is out of this world!" I think this is one of my favorite cards!

Well, hopefully my next post will be a fabulous layout, I'm ready to get scrappy! Don't forget to check back often, I'm aiming for October 1st for my big blog candy announcement!!! You won't want to miss it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Alien card!!! That is SOOOO Cute!

Lydia said...

Great cards I love that salt n pepper shaker!!

Anonymous said...

These cards are adorable--I love the retro feel to the first two, but that last one is just ADORABLE! How cute is that?
Super great cards girl!

Sammye Jo said...

Love the cards!!!! The dress is so elegant!!!! TFS!!!