Background

Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Darth Vader Mickey Ears

Hello again! As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a bit of a Disney Fanatic, so of course I had to try my had at making some Mickey Ears. I used a pair I bought in Disney World to size up my ears.And I found these awesome fabrics at Walmart of all places!


I started by covering the headband in the "Star Wars" words fabric. Then I carefully placed my pattern piece that I created so that I would get 2 Darth Vader Sugar Skulls, one in the middle of each ear. To keep things easy, I used the Star Wars Words fabric to do the back side of each ear (yes, it was nerve wracking to get those front sides lined up and cut correctly. Then you simply sew them together. And no, I don't sew well so these are NOT perfect, so that's why I know anyone can do this! Each ear is stuffed with 1/4" foam sheet and batting and then I used my hot glue gun to attach them to the headband. Then I glued a rhinestone trim around the seam of each ear. 


Finally I created the bow with more of the word fabric and used another piece of the sugar skull fabric to create the center strip. The bow is all hot glue and a zip tie, no sewing! My oldest daughter absolutely LOVES Darth Vader so she instantly claimed these as her own!

No comments: