Background

Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Coffin Box Teachers Gift

For today’s project I created this fun treat box for my daughter’s teacher using the Happy Hauntings Cricut Cartridge!


I will have to say this is one of my favorite cartridges! For this box I cut the Coffin Box at 10 ¾” for both the lid and bottom from black cardstock. Then I cut the stand also at 10 ¾” from grey cardstock. Once I realized it was a stand for the coffin to sit on I actually cut it again to make it a little sturdier. Then I cut the red zig-zag layer (which I think is technically for the other coffin box but I wanted more pop) and adhered that to the base. Next I grabbed a scrap of the red and embossed it with the Forest Branches Cuttlebug Folder to make the drape over the coffin.


I adhered everything together using my favorite Scor-Tape! Last I cut the RIP at 2” with the phrase feature on Happy Hauntings and then added a little bling! When you subtract the messing around time I’m thinking I could now duplicate this for the other two teachers in about a ½ hour!


Shopping List:

Happy Hauntings Cricut Cartridge
Forest Branches Cuttlebug Folder
Scor-Tape!

No comments: