Background

Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #4: BOO! Challenge

In honor of Halloween this week's Cricut Circle Challenge is to create a Halloween project that incorporates some kind of transparent element (vellum, acrylic, plastic packaging, overlay, etc.) and at least 2 Cricut cuts.


Well, I've been dying to cut these frames and silhouettes from the Happy Hauntings cartridge, have I mentioned how much I LOVE this cartridge? I decided to make the witch for the challenge but I think I'm going to cut a few more to put in the other windows. My transparent element is the white and silver vellum that is the background. I bought this pretty vellum at least a year ago when Michael's was clearancing all of their vellums and changing their whole paper set up. I bought a TON of vellum and I don't think I've used a bit of it since! I tend to not want to "waste" special papers but I've decided that if I'm creating a project it's not a waste!


I originally cut the witch out of plain orange card stock and it looked ok but I felt it needed something... so I grabbed my Xyron 510 sticker maker and my Martha Stewart copper glitter (that I bought on clearance after Christmas last year). I just ran the cut through my Xyron upside down so the FRONT would be covered with adhesive. Then I coated it with the glitter. LOVE this trick! Then I popped her up with some Helmar black Zap Dots for a little dimention. I also popped the bats on the side of the frame up also.


I think this turned out really cool and I love the way it looks in the window too. I was thinking I would just used a removable Glue Dot to hang it on the window and then be able to easily take it down to store until next Halloween!

2 comments:

Lori said...

ooh, this turned out SO stinkin' cute! Love to use that Xyron trick, by far the easiest way to add loose glitter.

Beckyface said...

Sorry to be such a late comer but what size you did use? I love this project and I want to duplicate.

Thanks! Happy Halloween!