Background

Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cricut Circle: Weekly Challenge #2: THINK PINK!

So this weeks challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog is to THINK PINK! Well, with 2 beautiful daughters it's not hard for me to think pink at all... The challenge requires us to use Pink, Ruffles, Scallops, Flourishes, Glitter or Jewels (at least 3 of these) and at least 2 Cricut cuts. In my head I had pictured making a beautiful baby page... but neglected to bring baby pictures to the crop I went to! LOL! But I had these fun pictures of my oldest daughter dancing around the living room in her "ballet suit" and inspiration struck!


I've been hoarding this paper for over a year. I had visions of scrapping a dance recital with these but I pulled them out of the box I KNEW they were perfect for the THINK PINK challenge! I used a sketch for one of the new Sketches for Scrapbooking books that I won from the Scrapbooking Ali Blog! These books are really GREAT! I won Volumes 1 and 2 and can't wait to buy the other 4. They are seriously GREAT books!!!


One of my favorite things about using my Cricut is that I can customize the cuts! If you notice in my photos, my daughter is wearing blue ballet slippers with dark blue flowers on them. So when I put the little dancer cut from Once Upon A Princess together I cut the slippers from light blue paper. Then I used a dark blue marker to add the "flowers" to the slippers.


I'm sure you've been ogling the gorgeous pink flower next to my title... it's from a FANTASTIC Etsy shop called Precocious Paper! I am a proud new member of the Precocious Paper Design Team and couldn't be more excited! I love what these gorgeous flowers add to any crafty project. You can add them to cards, layouts, home decor or even hair accessories. In fact, you could add a simple pin back and it's a gorgeous broach! The "Tiny Dancer" cut is also from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge. I just love this title and I'm sure I will be using it again. If you notice on both of my cuts I added rhinestones to the bows. I used my awesome i-rock tool from Imaginisce. It is perfect for adding a little "bling" to just about anything! So my i-rock helped me meet my jewels requirement. I also added scalloped lace across the bottom of the layout which meets the scallop and ruffle requirement. And since the whole layout is pink, I hope I filled that requirement too, LOL! I look forward to next weeks challenge!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful layout! I just love all the pink and the tiny blue ballet shoes! Thanks for sharing!
The Cricut Circle looks like lots of fun, maybe I'll be able to join next time!

Addicted Scrapper said...

I love the lo and the photos. I am going to make some time to do this challenge because it looks like so much fun! Thank you!

Jana Eubank said...

Love your page! What a cute little ballet dancer!

Jessica said...

Love this layout! So cute. Thanks for following my blog:-) I will definetly be checking yours often now.
TFS
Jessica (the creative stamper)