Background

Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Design Team Audition

So I tried out for the Upsy Daisy Designs design team and sadly I didn't make it, but I really enjoyed creating with a couple of new paper lines that I otherwise wouldn't have known about. I actually found out about the company at CHA this summer and the very sweet lady running the booth gave me a couple of samples of 6" x 6" sheets to play with.

The first layout I created was actually from a sketch on their blog. I normally scrap two page layouts but I really loved the sketch and since I had a pretty limited paper supply I decided to try it! This is a picture of my house. I aged it in Photo Shop and I was so thrilled with how it turned out!


To get the nice long strips of paper I actually pieced the papers together. I loved the colors in this line which is coincidentally called "Home Sweet Home"... ok, it wasn't actually a coincidence that I chose to scrap my home, I was inspired by these yummy papers! Any how, I cut the word "Home" with my Cricut and then stamped my sentiment on one of the patterned papers and "framed" it with paper strips. I used some Helmar Zap Dots to pop it up and tied it onto the O with some twine. Then I added some gold buttons from my stash, used some Glimmer Mist on a Color Me Crazy flower and used a flower cut out from the patterned papers also. The copper tag I've had in my stash for ages and I really liked the word "imagine" on it... I can imagine all of the wonderful memories to come in our home.


This card was created with the leftovers of the Home Sweet Home papers. I made the flower by punching 4 scalloped circles, spraying them with Glimmer Mist, scrunching them up and then using my heat gun to dry them. When they were dry I made a brad with more patterned paper using my i-top tool by Imaginisce! Then I hand cut the leaf and stamped out my sentiment with a Close to My Heart stamp and embossed with with some American Crafts Zing! embossing powder.


For this last layout I was a little unsure of exactly WHAT I was going to do with these gorgeous Avalanche papers. I had seen a patch work type layout in a magazine and wanted to try it. I only had three photos but I decided I could make it work. This is a little more simple than my normal style but I still think it turned out pretty cute! I adore the photos of my husband and daughter making snow angels together. I used my Cricut to cut my title and hand cut the little angel on my layout. The snowflakes are from Making Memories.

I really enjoyed auditioning for this design team and the ladies who did make it are super talented and I am looking forward to seeing their projects in the future.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Cute LO's sorry you didn't make it sweetie!!