Background

Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weekly Challenge #3: AUTUMN SPLENDOR! Color Challenge

Normally I don't do back to back blog post but I have two great challenges I'm entering! If you haven't checked out my Imaginisce project scroll down one post and check it out!

This weeks Cricut Circle Challenge is the Autumn Spendor Color challenge. The only requirements were to use the above color palate (gray, orange, tan and burgundy) and at least two cuts. So here's what I created:


I used my Create a Critter Cartridge to cut this adorable squirrel. I embossed the layers with my Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl and Dotted Swiss folders to add some texture to my cuts. The squirrel is cut at 4" and the little acorn he is holding is cut at 3/4". I had this strip of patterned paper in my scrap bin and I thought it was perfect for this project!


Here is a look at the inside of the card. The phrase "Nuts About U" on the Create a Critter Cartridge too! There are lots of fun phrases on this one! The acorns were cut at 1-1/2" and 1" and I used a circle punch to create the leaves. I added the other half of my paper strip to the inside just to finish it off!


The finished size of my card is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". I also want to mention that I used some Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist on the front of the card for that little extra sparkle. I think I need to send this one to a certain squirrel loving aunt. Sssssh, don't tell her!

2 comments:

jjlarson said...

Don't you just love this squirrel? I have used him for one too many challenges so didn't this time. Glad to see you did and it is very cute. Great job

Jana Eubank said...

Love this inside and out! Such cute touches! :D