Background

Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Simply Betty Stamps Punky Teens Christmas Release Bog Hop!

Welcome to the Simply Betty Stamps Punky Teens Christmas Release Bog Hop! You probably came here from Allison's Blog. If you want to start at the beginning of the hop, or if you get lost along the way, there is a list of all of the blogs participating in the hop at the end of my post!

These fun, super quirky, and daring characters are part of the Punky teens, Christmas style from Simply Betty! Just hop along and see all the fun, cute, and quirky projects everyone has prepared for you!

First, let me apologize for the poor lighting in my picture. It was dark out when I snapped this picture so I had to use the room with the best lighting... the laundry room!


Here is the card I created with my Trixie image! I think she is so cute and I HAD to give her purple hair to fit her "punky" image. I used my Bic Mark-Its and my new Tombow markers and the few Copics I own to color this image. I wasn't super happy with the performance of the Tombow markers but it was also the first time I've used them so it may be operator error. I added a little sparkle to the circles and dots on the gift with my Sakura Stardust Pen. I also used my Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl folder to emboss the green strip. To accent it more I used one of the same green markers on the raised portion so it would pop more. Then I added my ribbon but it still didn't feel quite finished... so I grabbed some flowers and a button! They were a mix of Making Memories flowers and Chick 'n Feed from Scrapbook Chicks. Now I'm really happy with it. Inside I will stamp out "Hope your day is filled with surprises" or something to that effect before I send it out!

Please follow my blog if you liked my card and take a minute to look around... there may be a post with some blog candy on it that ends today... I *may* just forget to pick a winner until Saturday morning though.... (wink)!

Now don't forget there is a special prize to be won on this hop... Guest Designer for the Month of November! All you have to do is create a project using one of the Punky Teen Christmas images, upload it to inlinkz on the Simply Betty Challenges Blog you are in for the race to become A Simply Betty Challenges Guest DT!
You will have until 10/26 to complete and upload your project! The winner will be announced November 1st! Good luck and I hope to see many of you join in on the fun!

Here's a list of EVERYONE in the hop!

Start here @ Simply Betty Challenges
Betty Boo Owner
Allison
Mandie You are HERE!
Barb
Carisa
Catherine
Cheri
Christy
Debbie
Debbie W.
Donna
Erica
Gina
Gloria
Iva
Jennifer
Jessica
Juelmarie
Katt
Lady B
Linda
Michelle
Nicole
Patricia
Samantha
Shelley
Suzi
Tracey
Tracy

Wowie! Now is that a blog hop or what!! Please leave all the girls a comment, thank you all again for hopping along!

26 comments:

ScrappinMomma said...

so cute, I had the same problem finding good lighting to snap my picture.. TFS

Carisa said...

totally great card - i love her hair!

Betty Boo! said...

That one super cute card! Wowie thank you so much for being part of this hop!

Betty

Debbie Pamment said...

Woohooo - so glad you played along - awesome job!
xXx

Sammi said...

Such a cute card! Love that image!
Sammi
xx

Debbie said...

this is so cute Debbie @http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/

CraftyMomOf3 said...

So cute!! I love her purple hair and super quirky smile!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Alison said...

This is so cute! I love the paper you used, and her blue hair!!!

Iva said...

Super cute card! Love it!

Rosa Witten said...

So cute! Great colors. :)

Gina Lindsay said...

Very cute! I love her purple hair!

I had to laugh at your comment about the lighting in the laundry room, because that is where I go when it is dark and I am taking photos too!

DonnaMundinger said...

I always take my pix in the laundry room, day or night. LOVE your card. Now I know how she's supposed to be colored, too. LOL xxD

Graphicat said...

Wonderful!! Im so glad you could join in with us on our release hop!!
Thank you!
Cheers
cheri

Barb said...

Trixie turned out great! LOVE the purple hair and all of the polka dots :)

Tanya said...

What a GREAT card!!!

Katt Korpsgryndr said...

Gotta love punky teens with purple hair.=)

Ladybugz Creations said...

Glad to see I was not the only one struggling for light :) Love the card so cute and cool. Loved it.

juelmarie said...

too cute lady - love the card!!

Catherine said...

What a cute, festive card. Love the purple hair! So glad you could join us for today's hop!

christys_scrappin said...

Great project! Love, love it! Very talented work! WOW!

I am now your follower and I hope you can do the same! :-)

http://christysscrappin.blogspot.com/

Hop on over to my site….there is a blog hop going on right now with LOTS of blog candy to be won!

BikerGranny said...

I love your blog; so glad I found it. Thanks for sharing your great ideas and giving us the opp to win some blog candy!

Marlene said...

Such a cute card! Love that image.

Kristi said...

I love this image. Better yet I love the fact that you did not use all of one brand to do the colors. That inspires me to mix the things I have instead of thinking I have to get this color in this brand and this one in that. Thanks.

Lelia Pierce said...

This may be my favy of all the images! Cute!

XXX

~Lady B~ said...

I love the polka-dots! Great use of this fun image!

sammiej said...

i really love the card lovely!

x sammiej