Those of you who know me or are regular followers probably know that I normally create two page layouts. Well, Imaginisce has monthy challenges and this is the sketch that I am working with:
I actually thought about stretching it to make it a two pager but when I searched my hoard, uh, stash for just the right papers for this challenge I came across this gorgeous paper that I've be hoarding for at least two years! Well, I didn't have enough paper to stretch the sketch so I actually made a one page layout. I bought this paper before I learned to buy two of everything!
Isn't this paper GORGEOUS? It's all from the "For Peeps Sake" line. It's so springy and glittery, I just love it! It was actually really hard to cut this paper up. And to top it off... I had an experiment go horribly wrong and change the entire plan I had in my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with the results and I learned a few lessons along the way.
This is my first attempt at one of those fun pleated flowers everyone has been creating. I love the way it turned out and if you'll notice the brad in the center was created with my i-top and then blinged out with my i-rock! I love using both of these tools because they are so easy and add that "something extra" to my projects. The border punch I used was from Martha Stewart called Cherish. It is actually one of the new Punch Around the Page punches and I think it's so cute!
The banner title was created using my Country Life Cricut Cartridge. This is one of those cartridge that I thought I didn't *need* but when I saw the banner font I HAD to have it! Next on the agenda is creating a banner for each of my daughters. But I digress, I cut both layers of the banner and then adhered them to a piece of floss from my stash with Scor-Tape. I actually left it free floating on the page. After I got it just the way I wanted I thought it was still a tad bit plain. Enter my i-rock once again! I wish I would have thought of adding the bling BEFORE I stuck the banner on the page but again, lesson learned! I'm so thrilled with how this layout turned out with all the layers and texture. Oh, I almost forget! I finally used my Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots on this page! Instead of pulling out the foam squares I used the Scrap Dots to attach my photo and the raised paper panel. It was cool that I didn't have to guess at how many foam squares high I wanted things, I just blobbed out the glue and then let my paper dry on a flat surface. I did the same on the photo and I loved how quick and easy it was to do! Thanks for reading!